Sunday 10 March 2013

A sunny day in Baltimore

Today has been warm (almost t-shirt weather) in Baltimore -- a sharp contrast with Chicago yesterday, which was numbingly cold. I went for a short walk to Fells Point, which was lovely. Lots of people were out on the streets just enjoying the sunshine and warmth.

I just did a google search for Fells Point, and the first two pictures that appear are almost exactly the same as one of the pictures I took -- I'll opt for thinking of this as great minds thinking alike. See photo on the right of a street (which is actually cobbled, though you can't tell that from the photo) overlooking the harbour.

That part of town is Quaint: lots of interesting buildings in unlikely places. Twice, I just glanced down side-streets to see old buildings at the ends of the streets (see photo on left). Also, lots of Irish pubs; I think next weekend (St Patrick's Day) is going to be very green and very lively here...

This evening, I went out with the research group from Toronto, who have mostly been looking at multiple line infusions. I don't think we do many of those in the UK (an example of different practices in the different countries), so something that is a major human factors challenge in North America isn't such a focus for concern in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment