Saturday 16 March 2013

Another exhausting day of travelling

I'm now in Toronto. In a very well appointed apartment in downtown. Most things have gone well (flight on time, etc.), but had difficulty getting a bus ticket from the airport: found the ticket machine, but it would only take coins or cards. But not either of my cards -- no idea why, unless it's simply that they are foreign (like you don't expect to get foreigners passing through an airport). And I had no coins because I'd just arrived in Canada. Go to the bus; ask what to do. Can't pay on the bus -- have to go to the currency exchange (really? currency exchange?) upstairs to buy a cutesy little token for the bus. Who would have guessed it?

It's almost cold enough here that I'm glad I brought a down jacket. The air steward's comment on the plane was "minus one, minus three: is that cold?" in the tone of voice that made it very clear that he didn't think it was. It's cold enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment