Friday 1 March 2013

Day 3: a talk at the hospital

Today, I gave a talk on our work to the Informatics group at Johns Hopkins hospital (Baltimore). Fortunately, I was taken there, so I didn't have to find my own way. The hospital is very well appointed, and clearly benefits from endowments of huge proportions. This photo is taken in the older part of the hospital, which was once the entrance; some people must have thought they had died and gone to heaven when they encountered this towering statue ;-).

I had some great discussions after the talk, which have brought home to me how behind I am with writing papers, since I don't have the papers to back up the material I was presenting in the talk. I really must use some of this sabbatical time to write. Maybe I should stop blogging for a while and just focus on papers... hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment