Wednesday 6 March 2013

...and so to Chicago

The day has been surprisingly long and tedious. No major delays, but lots of queuing, for no apparent reason: at the check-in desk, security, gate... flight was an hour and a half late... queues for the bus and at the car rental place... I really must learn to use this kind of distracting time better (I feel like I've wasted the day, even though I've achieved what I set out to do, which was to arrive safely in somewhere-near-Chicago). I have finally arrived at a hotel that is apparently in the middle of nowhere, thanks to perfect instructions from google maps.

The receptionist at the car rental place tried to persuade me that I was totally daft to choose a small car because of the snow. I was imagining a Fiat 500 or a Ford KA when she said this, but no: this car is apparently small...You could easily fit a family of five and a reasonable quota of luggage in it. I must learn to think bigger about my transport!

No comments:

Post a Comment